Friday 13 February 2015

Making Changes

Credit

Welcome Back Lovelies!
Well I don't really know where to begin, the last time I blogged was in October! If you read that I was going on about getting back into a routine after starting Uni and trying to adapt to a new schedule, but to be honest I am only really settling down. I had exams just after Christmas, and leading up to them I was really stressed out. I have taken many exams in my life, but I have never been that nervous before (and I took my driving test 4 times so that's saying something -.-) now I know what to expect I am starting to really enjoy Uni. Since I am now on top of my work I would like to get back into one of my favourite things - my blog.


Credit
At the start of the new year I made quite a few changes in my life. I have always been self-conscious about my body and weight, so I decided it was time to stop procrastinating and actually do something about it. To kick start my journey to a healthier me, I have been following the Bootea plan and I am loving the results. For those of you who don't know, Bootea is a teatox involving one daytime tea, which gives you a boost of energy, and a night time tea which is drunk every second night which has a laxative effect (cleansing the system). I can definitely see a difference, so far I have lost half a stone and my stomach is looking a lot less bloated. 

My diet habits have also changed. I will openly admit I was a person who didn't eat enough fruit/veggies, didn't drink enough water and ate too many bags of crisps. Recently I have been really thinking about what goes into my body, the Bootea eating plan has helped me make the right choices as I have cut out all that junk food. I thought I would crave it, but after pushing through those first few days it doesn't even cross my mind. 

Credit
Another change I have made is making the time to exercise, when I was younger I was pretty activity, but once I left school and dance classes I became a real couch potato! Aswell as jogging I recently came across the Blogilates YouTube channel, which I am really loving. It is run by Cassey Ho who is the most amazing person, every month she puts together a fitness plan which is completely free, all you have to do is sign up to her emails to get the code to unlock it. The videos are fun and easy to follow so now I look forward to exercising! If you are looking for an easy way to exercise at home I would really recommend you try Blogilates out:

I hope you guys enjoyed this post! I am really getting into this whole healthy lifestyle thing :') I was thinking if there are other beauty bloggers out there interested in health and fitness I could create some sort of little community for us to encourage each other and share our feelings/progression/recipes. Maybe I could make a google+ community? If you think this is a good idea and would like to get involved let me know in the comments! 

6 comments:

  1. We are in the same boat! I've been trying to change my lifestyle so much and I have seen a few differences already! Good luck with your plan! Xx

    Ps: the google+ community seems like a great idea! :)

    riitamacedo.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a great lover of tea, but I've been meaning to give this detox a try - it seems to work wonders! Great post :)

    I also gave your blog a follow, follow back? :)


    I tried this product out myself and found it worked great for creating a sombre effect (sublte ombre.) I did have a few issues with it though!

    Be sure to check out my latest review - http://kayteevivienne.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/bleach-london-total-bleach-review.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kaytee! I have followed back :) xxx

      Delete
  3. Girl, Ive been trying desperately to get myself back on track after Christmas also. I have been on detox for a month (no alcohol) it's been a killer cause I like to sip a cocktail or two:) The tea sounds really good...I will def check it out.

    Keisha xo
    www.chrysalisgals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really want to try that tea as well, i've been meaning to try to be healthier but have been so unmotivated! good luck to you though :)

    xx danielle // shades of danielle // bloglovin

    ReplyDelete